Tuesday, May 02, 2006

May 2, 2006

Yeah, it's May! Happy Birthday to Kristina and Marisa (just incase your cards are late). We wish you guys the happiest of days. Congratulations to Joe, I think, I heard you might be graduating although I have heard from NO one officially that it is so!!! We have enjoyed the spring weather, although Tara's school field trip to the Zoo was cancelled today because of the rain. They will try again next week. There isn't too much time left in school. Emily's done the 11th and Tara the 25th and then it's party time, right? We have been really enjoying having our neighbor Shelby afterschool each day. The weather has been great so, we spend most of it outdoors and the kids are now even in number so everybodyalways has somebody to play with. Tara had a fantastic report card in last week. She doesnt' get a letter grade, but checks and X's and then is rated on her reading level. The first report card s he read at level ' A', the next two were "B" s...and now her fourth report card she is at an 'E' level. She was reading the Book of Mormon last night and was blowing us away at how fast she could sound out and read some really big words. Last Weds. the Knoxville Symphony Orchestra had a quartet come and do storytime at the library. They were wonderful, Jake and Emily sat in awe. Jake fell asleep on my lap as they were playing Pocabel's Cannon(oh, I always forget how to spell that). They read stories about instruments and played along. It was really cool. Gene and I got to go out on a date night. We went bed shopping. His back has been bothering him, so we did some research and went to the bed store. We read that you were supposed to spend 15 min. on the mattress to see how you would sleep. We were very relaxed and we found a great bed.....I really didn't think mattresses cost very much, but I was wrong. It has since been delivered and we love it. I love it so much I took a nap on it today while Jake was sleeping and woke up at 1:04 (I'm supposed to pick up Tara and Shelby at school at 1:00. Yikes!) Anyway, we went to dinner at Littons and had a burger (which we hardly ever eat anymore) and strawberry cake. Then we went to the Cove and watched the sun go down. The misquitoes arent' out yet, so it was heavenly! To our suprise, the kids were still up when we got home! I have jumped into my new calling with a few presidency meetings and a stk. leadership meeting already. I was helping a child come into primary (who didn't want to be there, who's mom used to be a counselor in primary) and I was helping her get settled, after a few kicks and screams she settled down but, in the meantime I lost an earring and realized this is not going to be an easy job. I have been put incharge of Tara's class field day and end of the year party. So, it'll be busy til the end of the year as I try to cram in my school too. Of course, I hear you all say (if you didn't take so many naps on your nice new bed, you COULD do it all!) Gene is still looking for a job. We have extended the search engine...he even applied to one in Vancouver,CANADA. We will let you know. Happy May Everyone !

No comments: