Tuesday, May 16, 2006

May 16, 2006

Tara had her field day and end of the year pizza party eventhough there are 6 and 1/2 more days of school. I labeled waterbottles, brought orange slices, the cooler, popsicles and popcorn. I was able to stay 2 1/2 hours and watched Tara race. She did a great job. I helped hand out the ribbons at the end of the races. It was fun to see the kids so excited. Gene was able to take some time off this morning and stay with Emily and Jacob. It was good for them to see their Dad during their "good" hours of the morning. I had a parent/teacher conference with Tara's teacher this afternoon. She gave me a great report about Tara's test results since the beginning of the school year. She had everything mastered that was required for kindergarten by mid school year and now she is just doing beyond what's required. She wrote a story about her black dog "muffin" for her final test. Very cute. She had a set amount of time to write as many words as she could and she wrote 49!... the highest amount in the class. Emily's preschool graduation was last Thursday. She did a great job in her mini-olympics. I can tell she has done a really good job in learning from these teenager/teachers. They all love her. She sang the songs so well and was so happy in her little learning world. It was fun to see her in her element. She did great with her sack race and spoon race, running race and well, she enjoyed her leisurely stroll backward during the backwards race. It's been windy and cold for both girl's outdoor activities. Summer seems like it's still far away. Friday night was a ward game night. We played a rousing variation of pictionary. We had a good time but only stayed for about 1:45 so we could get the kids to bed. They had a separate play area for the kids with movie and popcorn so the kids thought this was their social hour too. Saturday the girls and I went to Mollie's teddy bear picnic birthday party. The girls got purple teddy bears to bring home and they had a good time. Our neighbors finally had their garage sale Fri. and Sat. so, we threw in a bunch of things I had cleaned out of closets and stuff we didn't want anymore and I made 66 dollars! The rest of the stuff Stephanie is taking to her work yardsale and buying gifts for Christmas for the residents at her senior home. Yay! It's out of my house. Saturday Gene mowed the grass and then surprised me with a babysitter. We went to Outback Steakhouse and then watched the movie "RV". It had some down time, but some parts were very funny! It was a fun surprise. Sunday I slept in until 9:30 and then had a crazy day with primary but, we made it through and someone was even handing out red roses for moms.....that was a surprise too. Jake spilled orange juice on his shirt right before church and the girls changed their outfits twice and then decided they did want a bath before church at the last minute so, it was a crazy start but, surprisingly with enough sleep I was able to handle it all. No one ever can prepare adequately for being a mom. I hope it was a good day for all of you. Gene has another job interview on Saturday...we'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: