Tuesday, May 30, 2006
May 30, 2006
Two days ago I was pretty excited about this ...but now, not so much. I'm talking about our new addition to the family. Marley is 7 months old. She's pretty much a mutt. We've been talking for a long time about getting a dog. The kids really wanted one. I thought I was in a "good position" to take in this stray...but now I'm not so sure. I don't think I can become a "dog person" this quickly. We got him Sun. night about 9pm....there was a quick hour to chase around the kids, once we got them to bed early fireworks began for Memorial Day. (we have a pyro down the street and every holiday we get 3 days of fireworks) Anyway, alot of noise and scared the dog quite a bit (I think that's why he pooped and peed!) I bought a spot bot (rug cleaner) for cleaning up after the kids...but I have used it quite a bit in 2 days. We took him out alot yesterday and he did fine not going to the bathroom in the house. However, he has found and eaten several toys (Jake's pirate coins, taken a barbie head off, little people, rubber Nemo, cotton balls, oh, I could go on). The kids love him, and I think with time he will be ok...but these first couple of days have been crazy. Including all 3 kids up at 5:30 with the first bark.....don't they know it's summer and they can sleep???? We may pass him on if it doesn't get better, but we will see. Hope you all are having a great week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment