Sunday, January 02, 2011

new

My closets are breathing a sigh of relief (there is now room in them for us to go in and look to see what lives there.)  My trash cans are filled-to-overflowing.  We have decided if 1.) It is beautiful or 2.) It is functional and/or 3.) We have used it in the last year......it may stay.  If it is not any of the above, it is now a resident of the trash heap.  Let me tell you......it is a great feeling to have so much gone.  When you live in the same house year after year, things just accumulate.  This is the best way to start out a new year. 
We've been mostly home-bodies with a couple of playdates,playing the new wii games,  a couple of movies (Tangled, by the way,  was the best movie I've seen in a long time.), plenty of time together.  I can see doing this on a regular basis.  I think it's a good thing holidays are only once in a while.
In the meantime, I've tried a few different things with my camera.  There is so much to learn.  But, here are a few pretty decent shots before we took the tree down today.




Gene found sparing equiptment from is taekwondo days....jacob thought it was a "kick" to try it on.
We are looking forward to most of a week of vacation still....but, are glad it has started out so well.  Happy wishes to all of you for a very Happy New Year too!

3 comments:

Bob and Kristina Hart Family said...

You still have another week of vacation left? No fair! We go back Tuesday. Glad you had a Merry Christmas! Someday we need to have a Just Dance Tournament with you guys. Love you!

Unknown said...

Nice! I should go through my closet. I have a hard time getting rid of stuff. But I agree, it really does feel good to clean something out!

stacey said...

You have inspired me. If it is a snow day tomorrow I am cleaning out my bedroom closet. I hope the coat closet is to follow.

I even checked out a book about organizing. Thanks!