Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Nov. 29, 2005

I cannot believe it is the end of November already...soon it will be Christmas and a new year and I just barely got used to writing 2005 on my checks!!
We had a good Thanksgiving weekend...Gene had a few half days last week, so I was able to get some shopping done (the kids gifts were all bought and wrapped before Thanksgiving), get packages sent and Christmas cards labeled....whew! He had to spend one day getting a flu shot and going to the dentist, so was not all fun for him.
Bob and family and Bennett all visited during the holiday. For the actual Thanksgiving feast it was just Gene and I and the kids. We had to tell Jake the turkey was chicken so he would eat it. He actually loved the cranberry jello salad...I was surprised. He has hit a burst of language improvement. He's talking much better than even last month. Bob and Cheryl both commented on how much better he is doing. Spending time with him alone while the girls are at school has really helped. His favorite thing to say to me is: "not you, I do it by myself"...getting dressed, putting shoes and socks on, playing whatever, he wants me to sit there with him, but he wants to do it all by himself.
Emily is still doing gymnastics and is behaving well this week since I told her she cannot say "no" to me or else there will be no Nutcracker ballet this weekend. Yesterday she was an angel. All I heard was "yes mam" from her....oh, music to my ears.
Tara is still really happy with school and actually had Daddy come to lunch with her last week to meet all her friends from school. She's taken a real interest in reading the library books we bring home....it's a very slow and painful process for mom, but she's coming along really well. her favorite so far is, of course,' Green eggs and ham.' What I've been amazed with is how much and how well she likes to draw. All three kids will sit down at the table and color for a long time and do such great work.
Cousin Carey and the girls painted Christmas ornaments while she was here...I need to buy christmas crafts in bulk for the holidays. We hope all of you are well.
Keep in touch.

No comments: