Sunday, November 13, 2005

November 13, 2005

Well, this week has been a good one. I'll start with yesterday and work backwards.
The girls and I went to Olivia's (Chickie) birthday party. She turned 3, her mom was my visiting teacher for a while and they are such a fun family. She had a horse party...it was a blast. They had horses to ride, play horses to race, made sheriff badges and ate cake of course. Then the girls and I went shopping for Christmas dresses, jeans for Tara because she has a hole in every one of hers, and socks for Emily because she keeps loosing them. This is why I don't like the cold, I have to keep track of socks, dirty ones keep popping up in the weirdest places.
We left Gene and Jake home to rake leaves . We came home and ate pizza and watched Fever Pitch (Gene and I did, the kids watched their shows).
Friday night was the ward Chili cook-off and I must say that I won!!!! I went to the store in the morning and realized when I got home at about 3 pm that I forgot a few things...I was ready to just stay home and not make an entry, but Gene saved the day and stopped at the store, we got there in time and we won! We won a Sara Lee cheesecake. The kids did a pumpkin roll, face painting and leaf drawings....I must say the activities are getting a little more fun.
I had lunch with Tara at school on Friday. I took Jake and he was the star of the show. None of the kids could understand why he was disobeying EVERY lunchroom rule. EX: no crawling under the table , no eating off the floor, no standing on the stool and no running around the lunchroom! (He did however stay the whole time in nursery this week....the past two weeks they have sent him to me before sunday school was over.)
Thursday I helped in Tara's class...we painted indian vests...brown paper with hole cut in the top. I only helped 2 kids at a time and it was the most stressful hour I've experienced in a long time. Tara was great but the rest of the kids were crazy with the paint.
Gene got to go golfing this week with a coworker, but the rest of the week was pretty busy for him.
I have been working on scrapbooks all week. I went to a scrapbooking party the other day that really got me thinking about how behind I am on all my record keeping. So, we bought an 8ft. table at office max and the kids color while I scrapbook. It's been great.
Well, we hope you all are great.

No comments: