Tuesday, December 06, 2005

December 6, 2005

We are happy this week. Nothing special, Jake just told me he was happy when he went to bed last night and I realized no one was sick either. Much to be thankful for, for sure! I am teaching my last time at Enrichment tonight and unfortunately they realized my calling would be vanishing with the new year and called me to be a Relief Society teacher (the second Sunday is mine)...which is this Sunday! So, I've been working on two talks and frantically trying to finish the Book of Mormon by the 31st! Tara and I made christmas cookies last night for the cookie exchange today...we'll have to try again when there are some left to eat.
I took the girls to the Nutcracker this weekend. They loved it. Emily was even happy until the last 5 minutes. I told her all the dancers had to say goodbye before we could leave....so, she waved at them as they came out for the final curtain call....during intermission, the orchestra percussionist let the girls play all the little instruments, cymbals, triangle, clapper, bell, etc. They had the best time.
Saturday Tara had a primary party, they made gifts and cards and caroled at the old folks home across the street from the church...then the girls had a birthday party to attend...it was a princess party, they got to dress up and make purses and put on makeup and everything.
Friday we had the High Priest Group Christmas party, it turned out really nice. They do a white elephant exchange and I ended up with an orange plastic elephant shaped pencil sharpener and mini paper shredder. Can't really pass that one along, eh?
A car cut infront of me to exit on Thurs. near a construction zone and a pebble hit my windshield...nothing happened then, but Sat. morning there was a ding and a crack and now it is more than 3/4 my windshield....so, we are going to get it replaced tomorrow. I'm driving around really nervous, thinking it could crack totally at any minute.
I'm meeting with Tara's teacher today to plan their Christmas party at school, and Emily's is Friday, then she has a break til the first week of February.
We are all excited for Christmas...have a happy day.

No comments: