Tuesday, December 13, 2005

December 13, 2005

Well, we didn't make it long through the cold season without getting sick. Emily began Saturday evening with a high fever, lasted 2 days. Sunday night I got a really bad sore throat, and yesterday just about stayed in bed all day, not by choice....I have a really bad cold. Jake has just about lost his voice and Tara has a cough....who knows if it's all the same bug. Gene is the only one free and clear of any trouble.
Last week was a busy one. Tuesday I did some Christmas shopping for carpoolers and the Angel tree, taught at Enrichment (for the last time). Thurs. we fed the missionaries, Gene had to work late since their company has been bought by First American, the leadership is changing and the new boss was in town for 2days....so, I dropped off dinner. Friday was Emily's last day of preschool. She doesn't understand why she can't go back...I keep telling her after Christmas but she seems to think that means never. Santa came to visit and they sang cute Christmas songs...one of SANTA was his name o to the tune of BINGO. They made gingerbread houses out of graham crackers and lots of frosting and candy!!! Jake had a great time sitting in the corner by himself playing with the toys. Friday night we had our ward Christmas party. We had a fun time, it was 3 hours! A full performance by a new family in our ward, the Gieses, they are really talented. Santa came to visit there too! Tara knows that all these Santas are santa's helpers, since the real Santa is so busy this time of year.
Jake's been walking around saying "Santa Yo ho ho" I didn't know santa had a pirate origin.
Emily sometimes sings but, mostly yells Jingle bells and Rudolf. I guess she wants everyone to hear. Everyone's favorite show this year is the Grinch (cartoon) Tara even wanted to set up chairs, turn off all the lights and make popcorn to watch it. Saturday Gene took Emily christmas shopping for her siblings...guess we'll take turns going.
Sunday I taught my first lesson in RS. It wasn't so bad. We had to take shifts at home with Emily. I've finally joined the ward choir, they are desperately needing help for Christmas day. I've used up all my excuses. Guess my wish for a real conductor to move in is never going to come true...so, I just wear my ear plugs and do my best! Enjoy your 12 days before Christmas.

No comments: