It's official, Emily's preschool is in full swing, with no more interuptions, I hope. She is so excited, she came home Thursday and sat at the table and said, "Mom, is it time to do my homework?" She usually colors while Tara does her homework. She actually brought a puzzle of her name to practice learning. Now, if we can just think of a way to keep this enthusiasm for learning alive for years to come. She said something funny....she said can I watch the "pokifines"....I had no idea what she was talking about ...then she said "the movie with the tomato and cucumber with the big fish and the pokifines"...oh! porcupines! (Jonah veggie tales). It's a mystery to me half the time and I even speak their language.
Each time I've spoken to Tara's teacher, she is very complimentary and loves having Tara in her class. Tara is sick again! This is the second time...she had about lost her voice this morning. I told her to rest her voice and not yell. We are trying to sell coupon books as a fund raiser this week. She talked about community helpers this week (notice the police hat and stop sign)
our van had a leak, and the a/c didn't work. So, we took it into the shop and it ended up being right behind the dashboard, so $1500 and 3 days later we got the van back. Now that the weather is getting cold, our air conditioner works! We had to run the carpool and drop everyone off , including Gene in the truck. Needless to say I am so grateful for my van this week.
We had a quiet weekend, watching conference with the usual crepes...we actually had to make 2 batches this time...Tara is going to catch up soon to her uncles and the amount of crepes she can put away.
We hope you all are well....especially those we never hear from! You know who you are.
Have a great week.