Ok, after 2 days with no internet access, I have almost forgotten what happened last week. There was a bad wind storm Sat. and there has been no way to get on-line. These weeks go by fast when they are filled with happy, active kids at school.
Tuesday we (all the kids, neighbor Shelby and I) woke up at 5:30 am to join the 600 kids and parents at the west hills park ymca to participate in the "National Walk to School Day". I bet it was close to 1/2 mile walk. It would have been fine, except I didn't think through the ramifications of letting Jake loose in a crowd of 600 kids in the DARK!!! I was in a panic for about 15 till the sun started to come up. The kids all got flashing badges and I won a t-shirt (whoo-hoo). We had breakfast in the school gym (well, the kids ate while I mopped up orange juice off the floor over and over).
I signed up to be room Mom for Tara's class and am heading up the fall party. They are doing a scarecrow dressup day. The whole kindergarten will the same day. They will do pumpkin bowling, face painting, pin the crow on the scarecrow, etc. So, the last couple days Tara has been interested in gathering "fall things" and decorating our house for the change of season.
We put Emily back into gymnastics, she starts again today. She's so excited.
We had all the kids' pictures taken at Portrait Innovations....they turned out great. The girls wanted to wear their halloween costumes too for the pictures, so of course I had to buy them!!
Tara's going to be snow white (perfect with her hair) and Emily will be Cinderella. Jake is going to be sportacus from the new show Lazy Town...but, he has yet to put on the costume.....oh well. I thought about buying him a t-shirt that says "gimme some candy"
Gene fixed our waterbed Saturday by adding some ply-wood supports, and fixed the girls beds too by getting smaller bolts, which enabled us to put them closer to the walls. We started vacuuming under beds and in corners and found a treasure trove of 'stuff' that had been missing a long time. It felt like spring cleaning. It was quite refreshing. We hope you all are well. We are headed off to Cary, N.C. to see Bob Borden and family then to Sun city, NC for a week at the beach. Then Gene will stay and gather with his brothers for thier brother's reunion. Hopefully no hurricane will spoil our plans. I'll be in touch after we return.
1 comment:
I'm still looking forward to coming to help out at your house sometime next year!!!
Marisa
Post a Comment