Monday, October 31, 2005

It's been a busy week with lots of extras going on for us. 'Tis the season for extras, eh? Gene came back Monday night, unpacked his truck and went to bed. We were glad to hear all went well with his reunion. It was rainy and cold when he left the beach so, no tears were shed. He then came back and worked a 40 hour week in 4 days. Tara spent each day this week giving away some seashells to her friends that she collected at the beach. She was invited to Eric's house for play date and spent alot of time catching up on homework that she missed while she was gone. Our ward had their trunk and treat (in the parkinglot of the church) on Wed.night. The girls were excited, of course. But, Jake refused to get into his Sportacus costume, which is why we have no pictures of him. He and Dad ended up staying home and playing (which was great for everyone, meaning I didn't have to chase him around in the dark). Tara's kindergarten class had their fall party....as room mom, having been in charge I must say the party was splendid! We painted faces, made popcorn hands, played pumpkin bingo, pin the crow on the scarecrow and musical chairs to haunted music. Tara was thrilled...and everyone dressed up like scarecrows. It was so fun.
Emily had 2 gymnastic classes this week, one to make up for last week that she missed. When I said she had a "makeup gymnastic" class, she thought I meant she could wear make-up.....oh, no! Needless to say, we had a long discussion about that and I promised myself to choose my words more carefully!
We actually got a letter from Elder Bradley Borden, he seems to be doing quite well and is happy. Gene actually got a hold of Christopher, Mr. Elusive himself. It was the first time we've been able to get in touch with him in 2 months. All is well with his schooling, has 2 B's so far and is now in a difficult electronics class. He'll be home for Thanksgiving and we look forward to seeing him then.
The girls and I went to see Wallace andGromit Curse of the Wererabbit....it was pretty funny. I was so distracted by the clay teeth in the animation, it was hard for me to focus very well and I didn't realize how much adult humor there was ...but, it was fun. Their favorite part was the penguin christmas short video at the beginning.
Gene is taking the girls out trick-or-treating tonight, he thinks they are finally ready for the real treat experience. I said "just find a neighborhood with sidewalks"....he dressed up for his work party today as Prince Charming....so, I'll get pictures of him with Snowwhite and Cinderella, they should make a lovely group!