Well, here it is another week gone by. We have had 89+ weather this week with cool mornings..so, we open up the house but by 11am we have to kick on the a/c to keep comfortable. I can hardly wait for the cooler weather. Last Monday our bishop's mother and father died seperately within a 24 hour period. It was pretty sad, but the family is doing pretty well. I gave Jake a haircut, which always makes me crazy. He won't stand or sit still. He was pretty upset about it, but now I can stand to look at him. It was getting so long. He has been asking to go to the bathroom alot lately....and I let him go everytime he asks...but on Tues. he actually went in the potty! We had a party. Surely we are not that close to having him potty trained but we are on the way.
Tara can read a few words now....the words "like" and " is" and a few phrases from "Green Eggs and Ham". Mostly the phrase "I do not like"....."Sam I am"
I got my next class in the mail after getting a 98 on my new testament final! hooray! It's probably the last A I will get for a while. This class is pyscological statistics. It took me an hour to read through the first chapter....then I had to get Gene to explain every other word to me and explain all the examples. and then help me do the work sheet. I am going to take a long time to do this class. Maybe I should have taken 4 French classes instead!
Emily had her orientation for preschool on Thursday. She painted twice, played puzzles and met all her new school friends. I had to drag her out of the room. Unfortunately, they won't start until next Friday because of other obligations the high school students have. But, Emily definately is ready. That night we had the missionaries over for dinner. Emily had us all rolling. She was doing everything she could to get us all to laugh, saying "oh, what the hey" like an indian and tooting and saying I do not like green eggs and turkey.....I do not like green eggs and hot dogs..., etc. I was crying tears of laughter....she does well when she has a new audience.
Friday night Gene took me to the Tennessee fair. We haven't been in a few years. It was full of the carnival games, rides and food. We had funnel cakes and Gene had a polish sausage somewhere amoungst the onions. The best part was Billy Dean (for those of you who haven't heard the name, a country singer) had a concert there. We got seats on the 4th row. I could see his dimples! It was so fun, he was very entertaining....when he sang "Billy the kid" we thought of Christopher who used to love that song and when he sang "Somewhere in my broken heart" I cried, remembering the break up of '92. Anyhow, he has a new cd out called "let them be little", he brought his 2 yr. old nephew up on stage and sang it to him, but at the same time a lady two rows over had a heart attack or something, and everyone was standing up, moving the chairs, EMT came in, police, the security staff and everyone. So, Billy Dean ended the concert early so they could take care of her. It was great fun.
Hope you all have a great week. Especially James and Mom, Happy Birthday to you both.
No comments:
Post a Comment