Sunday, September 25, 2005

September 25, 2005

Well, it has been a quick week. We have loved this warm weather, but everything is dying around here with no water. However, I'm not complaining, we could have too much water like some other people south of us.
Tara had a great week at school. She finally got to be the line leader and two days in a row she ate all her lunch. Gene asked her how she did that and she responded, "Mom finally gave me good food." Nice. She eats lunch at 10:33 am so, I just send snack stuff, but I guess I finally figured out what she will eat. The kids have been on a knock-knock joke kick. They are always going around saying "knock'knock" waiting for anyone to say "who's there?" and they are coming up with the funniest things and each of them laugh at the other, no matter the response.
Emily finally will begin preschool on Tues. She had a few delays there with the water leak and the dishwasher needing repair and the school assembly, etc. Needless to say, I"m not telling her til Tues. morning that she has school that day. She said something funny the other day, she said," I'm starving..." and I looked at her in disbelief and said "your eggs and toast are right in front of you" and she said "that means I need candy!!"
Gene's company sponsored a free day at the zoo with tickets, parking and lunch all included. Needless to say we had a fantastic time. This was really a good time to go...the kids were are thrilled. We spent the early morning on the trail and seeing the outlying animals, then by the time it started getting hot we ate lunch and met alot of Gene's co-workers, got the kids icecream and headed home. You can see by the photos we had a good time.
Hope all is well with each of you.