Sunday, September 11, 2005

September 11, 2005

It has been such a long week eventhough we started out with a holiday. We spent most of Monday mowing the grass, washing the cars and the outdoor playset (which was so dirty, Jake's rear side was black after sliding down). The kids hadn't been using it through the hot summer, but it was a fun family project to do together. Finally the girls and I went to see "March of the Penguins". I really loved it. Emily had a hard time sitting thru it...about 25 min. into it she asked to go to the bathroom which is always her way of getting out of where she is.....isn't it for us all?
Tuesday we were back to our normal school schedule (and found out Emily begins preschool thurs. Yeah!) I spent the morning going through the kids closets to donate clothes to the children's hospital who had 300 kids from the gulf coast to bathe and who had not many clothes of their own. I taught the Home management lesson at Enrichment then hurried home so Gene could attend his second fantasy football draft.
Weds. I spent most of the day cramming for my new testament final. Emily and Jacob have been a great help around the house. They pride themselves in making their own beds, putting clothes in the laundry and folding towels (it's the only thing I don't mind being not straight). They can pick up toys faster than I can. Luckily they both have been getting naps daily as we run the afternoon carpool. It's funny to pull into the driveway at home 35 minutes later and see their panic-stricken faces "where's Tara, we forgot to get Tara" and then turn around and see her in the back seat. Surprisingly Tara's had alot of homework.
Thursday I successfully made it through my final exam at the institute, only to come out and see a policeman giving me a ticket for parking incorrectly. I can honestly say this was the first time this has ever happened to me....he turns around and says"oh, good, you had better get moving. A tow truck is on it's way" Wheesh...that was close.
Saturday was the primary talent show. Kids displayed a variety of talents, blowing bubbles, jumping rope, homemade lego movies and gymnastics. Tara and Emily spent some time painting and wanted to show theirs at the talent show. I'll include a picture.
Happy Grandparents' Day to all the great grandparents out there. We sure appreciate you.
Hope it's a great week for you all!

No comments: