Sunday, September 04, 2005

September 3, 2005

Well, Happy Boom's Day to you all. For those of you not from Tennessee, it's our way of celebrating Labor Day and another excuse to have a grandios display of fireworks.
We are all sick this weekend. Lucky we have another day to recover with tomorrow off of school and work. Emily and I have come up with several projects to work on while Tara has been at school. One of which was duct taping the broken crayons back together....only then going to Walmart and seeing that crayons are $0.24 per box!!!!
Tara has begun carpooling with our neighbor Shelby who also started Kindergarten this year. Her Mom has to be to work at 8 so, it works out perfectly...and I don't have to get all of us out the door by 7:30am. I had our first parent/teacher conference and Tara's teacher had nothing but great things to say about her. She has been a special friend to William, who speaks only spanish and Mika who only has 4 fingers on one hand. Mrs. Hart remarked how kind hearted and careful she is with them. The only not so good thing I've noticed about going to school in east Tennessee is....Tara came home saying "William starts with 'dub-ya'"...we have to correct pronounciation daily!!! Tara came home Thurs. and said
"We had a disaster day" and then went on to explain other things she did...none of which sounded like a disaster to me. Then later when I put Emily in time out and set the timer, it beeped and Tara continued the earlier conversation saying, "when the beeper makes a loud noise at school, you line up quickly and get out of the building for the disaster day." OHHH...i get it now.
We had a visitor for a few days a kitty named "stripes". It is our neighbors cat but, after playing with the kids one afternoon, he wouldn't go home. So we fed it and played for a few days ....but, I guess he's a free spirit because yesterday we couldn't find him and haven't seen him since. We will continue to fight these colds and hope you all are well. Here are a few photos from our summer trip to Nauvoo.

1 comment:

Bob and Kristina Hart Family said...

Hey,cute blog! Tell everybody I love ya! See ya later!

Marisa