Emily began safety duty on Tues. She passed her test (which is a new requirement) and began with front circle duty. Next week she'll be assigned elsewhere. Her favorite part was helping this little boy getting into his grandma's car and he was so excited about going to his grandma's house and told her all about his day....."HE WAS SO CUTE!" she said.
The worst part was waiting at her post (not supposed to move) with some very old car's engine idling, churning out exhaust "right in her face" all the while, the dad smoking a cigarette with the windows open. Super YUCK!
She's at the third pole.
Our walks to school have been fantastic....and have run into some old friends!
After school waiting for our safety to be done with her duties. Beautiful days!
Gene was in Chicago this week for some training. He passed his test with flying colors and now is certified as a lead auditor for ISO. (whatever that means!).....it means he still has a job.
We had parent nights at school and saw what will be expected of the kids. We are super pleased with their classes and teachers. Tara had her fall photo taken Friday. She tried on her pants from last year (just 3 months ago) and they do not fit.....at all....won't even go up! So, it's time for aunt Diana to visit.....with some fashion advice, since this mom is SO out of it.
I had a great week making up some chore charts (easy ways for the kids to take care of all their own jobs without me having to repeat.)
And the best part is....I only look once a week and then REWARD for responsibility.
I have been taking cleaning to the next level.....a toothbrush has been involved in my dusting, even cleaned the piano keys. I'm tellin ya, this is awesome! There was one mishap where I stepped on a shelf in the laundry room to reach above the cabinets, and the whole thing came down. It's all good though, it cleared out alot of space in front of the washer...and again I was able to use my toothbrush to scrub what hadn't been scrubbed for a long while.



1 comment:
Way to go Emily!!!
Post a Comment