Emily is the only one I was able to get a photo of in front of the school.
PINTEREST IDEA ATTEMPT #1
We made a special treat for the first day for Jacob's class.....rice krispie treats in the shape of apples. Tootsie rolls for the stem and smashed green skittles for the leaves. Jacob did most of it himself. It was a good way for Jacob to "contribute"to his class and get to know new friends.
PINTEREST IDEA ATTEMPT #2
We saw this cute skirt on pinterest and decided to try it. It wasn't too bad. I definately need to improve my sewing skills....but, a straight skirt wasn't too tough.
We've found with Tara's height, most skirts for her age group are woefully too short. I'm trying to tactfully add about 3 inches to her dresses.....
PINTEREST IDEA ATTEMPT #3
An idea for my primary class of 7*up lifting was to start your first week of school.
Wake UP and decide to have a good day.
Dress UP and put on a smile.
Cheer UP and say nice things and have a positive attitude.
Stand UP for what you believe in.
Look UP to the Lord. He's only a prayer away.
Reach UP for something higher. Set some good goals.
Lift UP be a good friend, and help those around you.
Emily and friends after church....all chose to wear large flowers.
We had a successful first week of school. Thurs and Friday we parked at the YMCA and walked a brisk 20 min. to school to avoid the parking lot and to help energize the kids. Tara is unhappy because we had to walk another 20 min. back uphill to the car. In my finest brittish accent....I replied, "It is always best when we begin the day with our morning constitutional." Insert large eyeroll.
Gene ran the Hotter than __ _ _ _ 5K. Only it wasn't so hot. At 8 am it was only 69*. But, he took 1:40 off his last 5K time. (Would have done better if the twinge in his calf didn't bother him -had to walk uphill for a bit.)
One last hoorah....summer grilling is really tough to beat. We love grilled chicken. The grill master is sharing his secrets to "little grasshopper".


3 comments:
I DIDN'T KNOW YOU MADE THAT SKIRT!!!! I love it! And she looked sooooo pretty today! I loved the 7ups and the apples too, you are pure awesomeness.
I didn't see Tara in that skirt, but I love it too! I want one like it...for real.
Love all the pinterest ideas!! That skirt is adorable! Way to go Gene!!!
Post a Comment