We decided to take ourselves and our new shoes to the woods for a walk.
It was the best way to break them in for school...that starts in 2 days!!!!
It was the most beautiful day. It was cool and breezy.
Jacob gave a family home evening lesson on Monday. See if you can guess what story this lego set-up is depicting.......Dumbledore makes a good Moses, right?
So, I saw this great idea to take "back to school pictures with your kids". Usually I take one in front of the school on the first day....but, I thought we'd mix it up this year. Some people were happy about it....can you see from their smiles???? Peter Pan, Star Wars, Rocks and Minerals, The Dangerous Book for Boys.
We stacked up their favorite books from the summer. Tara's was The Goose Girl, The secret to Teen Power, Princess Academy and How to be Lovey (Audrey Hepburn)
We found balance was easy for some....
Emily's choices were Emily Climbs, 13 Treasures, The rise and fall of Mount Majestic, and to paint a portrait of a bird.
We found that balance was more difficult for others!!!
We had haircuts, school supply shopping (just a little cuz I know we're going to have to go back for more shortly. Teachers always have more that they need the first day of school.)
Gene and I moved down the computer from upstairs....the contractor we chose to redo the bathroom (well, get it functional and recarpet can't fit us in until Oct. 29th! So, we are doing a little bit each week ). We were rained out of the pool this week...but, are not complaining because the weather is so much cooler.



2 comments:
I LOVE the new pics! What a fun idea! Love the lego FHE too. You guys are all so creative!
Oooh, I may have to totally copy your back to school photos, they are so cool! I love using their favorite reads from over the summer too...only problem is all of ours came from the library. Hmmm...
Post a Comment