Monday, August 13, 2007

school starts, flooded bathroom & PTA


Ok, so this week has been a bit busy. Tara's first day of school was Thurs. She was up early and ready on time. We walked her in to her class and got her settled. She found one friend from last year, Bailey and clung on to her tight. Her new teacher seems really nice.
Tara came home from school and didn't say much, then she just started spewing all about it. "The first rule of second grade is no getting out of you seat, the second rule of second grade is no talking,...we had a spelling test 3 pages long! I don't know how to spell eight, or hopping....Ms. Moseley just kept asking us to write. Mrs. Ayres used to help us with spelling, Ms. Moseley didn't even help us....it was too hot to go outside so we didn't go..." She just kept going on and on. I think it will be an adjustment.
I spent hours thurs and friday copying, stapling, stamping 732 packets for the membership drive. Emily has been my good helper. I still have more to do.
Friday was Emily's first day. We went down to the kindergarten hall and realized I forgot to bring her a lunch or money, so I ran back up to Tara's class and took her emergency lunch money (because it was an emergency) Emily went very happily and easily into the kindergarten hall...they spent the first day assessing all the kids and will be assigned a teacher this friday. She had a great time and was not ready to come home at 12. Saturday we all slept in bit.

No comments: