Monday, August 13, 2007


Gene and I attended the Unit Commissioner's barbeque Sat. afternoon and the kids had Jessica babysit. I came down with a cold Saturday and Jake is still feeling bad.
Tara had piano and started playing with the foot pedal! Yeah, she's been waiting to use that for a long time. She went on a daddy date to the mall, pass pets and actually got out a cockerspaniel to pet and play with (I always just make them look at them through the glass).
I prepared sharing time on the "five gifts of testimony from the holy ghost". Emily helped me wrap up 5 gift boxes.
Monday morning I sent Tara with the Hardings to school and watched the 2 youngest hardings while Tiffany took her kindergartener to his first day of assessment. About 15 min. later Jacob went into the bathroom to wash his hands after a big sneeze and there was a loud girgle....got louder and started gushing water out the toilet. Before I got around the corner, the whole bathroom was flooded. I frantically called Gene asking how to turn off the water. By the time we got it off, I realized the laundry was running ....our whole bathroom, landing and laundry room are full of water. So, Jacob and Emily ran to get all the towels they could find, and I started soaking up water. It was crazy. Emily helped with buckets and Jacob, of all people watched the baby (7mo). I am exhausted and it's only 10 in the morning. Hopefully the week will get better. We'll be in touch.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Wow! Sounds like quite the adventure...