Sunday, August 20, 2006
Aug 20 2006
Ok, a good week really. Tara's blazing through first grade. She told me tonight 'Ok Mom, I think I'm ready for second grade now.' The nice thing is, she comes home and teaches Emily everything she has learned that day, tells crazy stories and plays school. The line of people to see our house is dwindling. I guess that's to be expected. We are still trying to sell it, but so far no offers. For those of you who haven't heard, Gene was called to the high council last week. He had his first speaking assignment today....so I guess we are staying here for a little while at least. Emily wants to sign up for gymnastics again. She starts on Tues. We may let Jake try this year too. We had a playdate every day last week. Mostly at our house. I think this week we will take a break from that..and head out doors now that it's cooling off quite a bit. Yesterday Emily's Sunbeam teachers had their wedding reception (they were called to team teach her class while they were engaged,a nd just got married last weekend). Emily was thrilled to see a real wedding dress. She oohed and aahhed about it all night. We split forces, Gene took the two youngest to the reception while I took Tara to her first football game (to cheer). Unfortunately they were at the same time, across town. Tara, despite falling twice and having bloody knees, and the rain and wind blowing, did a fantastic job. She tried hard and looked great and has about lost her voice today. (needs a lesson on not hurting vocal chords) Good news was, Bulldogs won 20 to 7. Can't wait to hear from all of you this week, wink wink, hint hint.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment