Monday, April 22, 2013

NJHS, Arts Night & Giant lego

Tara was inducted into the NJHS this past Monday.  It was a quiet, quick ceremony.  I was so pleased she has kept her grades up to qualify and she is definitely  a "good" student, recommended by her teachers with good character and work ethic.  It's basically a service organization.....the service hours will not be a problem.  Tara loves to serve.



The middle school also had an Art's Night.  A night for the jazz band, girl's ensemble, 6-8 grade choirs, art classes all to display their work.  It was a great combo of music and art-a little long (2 1/2 hours)  but, fun. Tara auditioned for a solo.  She got the solo and then the choir director cut that song out (for time sake) the day before.  She was relieved.....I'm so proud of her for trying out for the part!  I'll see if I can get my video camera to load a clip on here. 
For her math class, Tara had to figure out how to enlarge a simple object.  The small white lego was hers...and she made it so big.  Not as big as she wanted, her original idea was to make one bigger than herself.  We settled on this size. 

Someone started painting toenails and is worried about wearing "cute" shoes to church......and curled her hair....hummmm?  wonder what this could be about!

2 comments:

Bob and Kristina Hart Family said...

Congrats on auditioning and getting the solo! Congrats on the honor society and I LOVE those shoes!!

Lori said...

Oh my word, she is growing up. She looks like a totally legit teen now. :)