Happy Easter
The following is a poem Tara wrote yesterday. I'm tempted to edit, but I will refrain.
Her words:
The Mix of Spring
Nature, green as green can be,
Flowers as far as the eye can see.
Bees buzz, birds chirp,
Spring is now hard at work.
Colors, colors everywhere,
The wind as it blows my hair.
Spring helps you realize what you might not see,
It can show you the beauty of everything.
When you show Joy-others become joyful,
Your Joy helps others enjoy spring.
Every girl should have a chance to be told they are beautiful,
Everyone should always feel accepted.
Spring can be happy and sad,
Spring could make some people joyful or mad.
Spring means school is almost done,
Then summer will come and be fun.
Yay for springtime! It's finally here. Shorter sleeves, no socks, sunglasses for part of most days and pastel colors!
Emily complained that our activities for holidays have been "lame" lately. I really have tried to avoid all the excess mess of the holidays as the kids have gotten older. But, they wanted to try easter egg dying.....so....this is what happened.
Color, glitter, glue, stickers, yarn eggs filled with candy, tissue paper "stained glass",
AND I was reminded why I avoid all of this...but, it was fun.
This purple glitter egg was one of my favorites.
We made nests with Chinese noodles and peanut butter , jellybeans and peeps for dinner with the sister missionaries.
Emily wants to try cello.....and/or flute. We will see how that goes in middle school.
Of course, the best part of getting a big cello in a coffin-sized box......playing in the box.
Don't know where she learned this......Jonathan?......
Jake was the driver. What I didn't get was a photo of the big stuffed lion in the batman costume and them rowing the "boat" with the croquet mallets. Ahhh...to be young and creative with lots of time on your hands!
1 comment:
Awesome eggs and treats! LOVE your poem, Tara!! Love the Easter pics!!
Post a Comment