This week was a good one. We had lots of rainy days....the kids kept asking me "what day is it again?" and I'd begin with my preschool tune of 10 little indians.. "What is today? Today is Tuesday. What is today? Today is Tuesday. What is today? Today is Tuesday all day long."
All the long days of summer are running together. We went bowling, had a few playdates, to the library twice (because someone finished reading all their books) and went to the pool only once (because of the rain)....although some friends went to the pool in the rain!
Emily's piano teacher, Jessica, is going to leave soon for college. This is so sad for us. We have loved every minute of piano with Jessica! I know Emily loves listening to and telling stories, laughing and learning with Jessica. Emily and I really admire her talents, her organization, her sweetness and persistence. So, we found this idea on.....you guessed it! Pinterest....and as a thank you made a kit kat piano for Jessica! We will miss you!
Speaking of growing up, the girls have a "night of knitting" once a month. But, as far as I'm able to tell, there is no knitting going on there. This month they made homemade icecream and had mini makeovers. Tara got some tips for wearing makeup....since my tip of "don't wear any til your 14" wasn't enough. A sister in our ward who does makeup wonderfully put on a modest amount and added, which I loved "glitter gel"........She straightened her hair too. She had a great time and felt really good about herself, a little more confident and mature. It was fun for the night, but I'd really rather her not grow up so fast. I know it's coming....and I'm happy for her.....I remember 12, almost 13. Ahhhh!
Gene killed a dozen black widow spiders out at our trash can last night with a rock. My job this week is to find out more about them so we can be rid of them permanently.
We are trying to get the upstairs cleaned out so that Emily can move out of their room each girl can have their own. Yesterday we moved 40 some boxes and 20 cases of water downstairs. I can barely move my legs today. We are going to have to move the internet connection downstairs and get a ventless a/c unit for the extra room to move the study. It's gonna take some effort...but, it's great incentive to get rid of some of this stuff we've had for 15 years....we are getting a whole dumpster parked in the driveway. I have the feeling this this the beginning of a bigger project. We'll let you know how it goes.
Gene has committed to run the RAGNAR with a group in our ward. It's a team of 12 runners that run from Chattanooga to Nashville in 2 days. You basically tag team with a slap bracelet....the rest of the team are in vans. He has 3 legs of the race. I'm amazed at his desire to set lofty goals and achieve them. The race is in November.
2 comments:
The chocolate piano looks awesome! Tara- stop growing up! Way to go , Gene! Good luck on the project- i know how much work that can be! Take pics on your progress!
Love the kit kat piano! Tara is already a beautiful girl but we think you are going to need a shotgun soon to keep the boys away.
Post a Comment