We tried a fun idea this year for Father's Day.....a home made "card" where the kids spelled out DAD.
Emily made a clay stone that says "Dad Rocks" made out of rocks. Holidays will never be the same now that there is Pinterest!
Gene and I celebrated our 15th Anniversary on the 20th. We both cannot believe how time has flown. Last year we went back to the Dallas Temple where we were married. What a great day that was. We really couldn't have asked for a better wedding and reception. Except for those people who wore navy blue with black-you know who you are!
My 40th birthday snuck up on me. I was minding my business so innocently when WHAM! There it was a huge hill that was a Burden to get over. Isn't this hilarious. The kids ordered a white chocolate oreo icecream cake with caramel between the layers and chocolate cake on the bottom but the box was labeled "Burden" instead of Borden....so, it's become a joke-how rude is that to call someone a burden on their birthday?
Someone was really happy we had cake and icecream all together!
Thank you everyone for my birthday gifts. Mom & Dad got me a fondue dish.....with velata chocolate....These scented candles are wonderful..ocean breeze and flower shop....and the trunk was filled with .......treasure!
We've been spending most afternoons at the pool, reading for our library challenge, having "just dance" wii competitions, and watching Dance Academy on Netflix. That series takes place in Sydney Austraila and we finished it on my birthday and went to Outback Steakhouse to eat! We had Shrimp on the Barbee! We had someone come out and measure our kitchen for a new design. Don't know if we will actually do any work on the house but, it's been fun to dream.
On the 19th the kids went with Gene to work for "Take your kids to work day". They had a tour of the place (which was way exciting since no one is ever allowed in-we've never seen his office). They saw the guys working -actually making an MRI scanner, made liquid nitrogen icecream, shot off rockets, and had pizza. Emily volunteered to fill out a job application when leaving. She very matter-of-factly looked at me and said..."I think I might get the job later when I'm a little older. I haven't been in prison.....they asked for my address so many times I just started drawing arrows back up to the top where I had written it already!"
And I think I broke Emily's toe this morning while we were at the grocery store. I dropped a jar of mayonaise on her toe........ahhh!
4 comments:
I loved seeing your wedding picture. It brought back memories of how it was such a great day. I am so glad you had a great birthday. I love that we celebrate our birthdays a day apart. I hope Tara's toe is not broken. It looked very painful.
Sorry it was Emily's toe not Tara's toe. I hope she is doing better.
I love the DAD pictures! So cute!
Post a Comment