This was Tara's first year of girl's camp. All the first years piled on the slide. They had an olympic theme and had the rings of all the virtue colors on their t-shirts and "go for the gold" on the back.
Tara and her "sweet" blue shoes on her way to a class. Luckily there were other people who took pictures non-stop and shared them..otherwise I'd have no photos of her.
This was a day she had KP duty. The little green beret in her hair was to represent France. First years were Europe ...and had different things each day. Spain-large flower, Sweden-pig tails with long ribbons in hair.
The first day the first years got the golden plunger for cleanest cabin.
Part of the games were archery. Trying to release her inner "Katniss". She did really well . This shot is ,of course, without an arrow. Now, after seeing Brave, she really wishes she had one of her own.
All the girls and leaders from our ward-Yay West Hills!
One day they went on a mile+ hike. They had to drive to the location.
Awh! A quiet walk with Dad in the woods.
It was a little tight.
Gene went along this year for the first time. He began the "opening ceremonies" as a Greek Olympian with a torch. He ran around the room a few times as the "games began". These are moments when you amid the laughter say "yes, that is my Dad!"
Jacob after seeing this photo said "Dad, why did they make you the statue of liberty?"
Crafting with friend Brooke. She made several cool bracelets and many more friends. Not sure if you can really call this camping with cabins and air conditioning and all meals provided. But, hey! it was fun thanks to all the great leaders and girls!














3 comments:
I have some ppics to send you too! I was SO mad I didn't get a video of him running with the torch for you!! I was in shock, and then I couldn't stop laughing! What a great sport. I know Tara loved having him there.
Congrats Tara! So exciting for your 1st year! Kayla and Marisa had camp this week too and it was super hot!
It looks like Tara had such a good time. I can't believe our girls are old enough to go to camp.
Post a Comment