Sunday, September 18, 2011

Just chillin'

Jacob was going through his book looking for extra arrowpoints to earn for cub scouts when he came across Daddy's editorial note about his cat.

Didn't realize it was plaid day....

Emily after a birthday party Friday.....they did make-up, nails etc. 


Thanks grandpa for the hat!  It's awesome. 


Tara's sketch of the other half of Salena Gomez

Thanks Diana for the cute clothes. 

We've just had a relaxing weekend.  I'm not really quite sure what happened this week.  I think it's best to forget anyway......Just kidding!
Jacob is learning how to fish in scouts.  They learned how to tie their hooks and cast last week.  Only once got it stuck in the tree.  Next week they are actually going to the water.
The girls got to visit the ambulance from Children's hospital in the church parking lot and learned about first aid.  I had some inservice days afterschool this week, was volunteered to head up the reflections contest for PTA.  How do you say No to the principal?  We are getting 3 more new students in our class.  I am gonna need a back brace for all this lifting in and out of strollers and high chairs.  I should keep track of how many times I say "ugh" during the day. 
I was too tired to get out of bed Saturday morning which put me way behind on the weekend work.  I see now how people can start to "not care" about housework.  We ate chinese take out on Friday, I thought it would be easier than cooking something......but, it made Gene sick Friday and most of Saturday.....which ended up being not easier.  Oops!
Book club book this month is "The Chosen" didn't have a hard copy at the library so am listening to books on CD in the car.  All the kids love it!  They can't wait to hear the next part of the story. I never would have thought they'd chose that over music. 

1 comment:

Lori said...

I can't stop laughing about Gene's "editorial note". Also, I can't believe your kids are into The Chosen. :) (I'm about halfway through!)