Sunday, September 11, 2011

"Blink".... and another week ....gone.

No Wii today....we are playing wii resort a different way.  Sky diving practice for Jacob and Tara.

Emily was recovering from a sore tummy.....so, watched from a little distance away.  The best part is when the ball rolled out from underneath them.

Jacob earned his AR hat from reading over 100 books and getting over 50 AR points.  He has to take a test after each book and it earns him points.  He's a machine!

It downpoured on Monday ....we had no school for labor day.  The girls wanted to play in the rain.  They put on jackets and got umbrellas.  I told them that was not "playing in the rain"....so, I told them to go with  no shoes and no other protection.  They tiptoed out and then I said "you have to scream and run around."  Once they got started, they didn't stop. It was like hitting the release valve.....now they are truly experienced rain players.



Notice all the dead plants on my deck.  We haven't had rain for a long time. 
Everyone's keeping their grades up.  Emily made a project this week, a plant cell (made from a cake)  Fruit by the foot=cell membrane, green mike and ikes=chloroplast, jumbo marshmellow= nucleus, fruit snacks=mitochondria.......we ate it before I realized we didn't get a picture yet.  OOOPS!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I love that you "gave them directions" on how to play in the rain! I love those cute girls!