Sunday, July 10, 2011

San Antonio-temple

We'd not ever seen the San Antonio temple because it was built after we moved away.

The Giant Justin Boots outside Northstar Mall ....drive down the road and "you can't miss 'em!"

Everything's big in Texas.

The grey wall behind us should be flowing water...but, it was turned off.  Still, it was a beautiful all around the temple.

The stained glass windows were enormous and so pretty. 


So, we had a little bit of  a hard time finding our first house that Gene and I rented in 1997...but, luckily we found it because our name was still on the mailbox!

We took picture so next time we go back, we'll be able to find it again.

A proud Madison Maverick.  The statue was still there out front of the school....but, the rest was unrecognizable.  There were new buildings where our marching band used to practice. 

My house that I lived in when I was in HS....There was a jungle out front there used to be just one tree.....it was hard to find too. 

The thing I learned this week.....my perceptions/memories are far from the current realities. 

1 comment:

Bob and Kristina Hart Family said...

The high school!! Our house!! It looks so different. Has it really been 22 years???