Saturday, February 19, 2011

Jacob's baptism

Jacob had a terrible day Thursday.  He felt sick in the morning then had to call me at noon to bring back another pair of pants because he sat in gum.  At 2 he had to call me again because he was the bathroom monitor and was the first one in to check the stalls and slipped.  He fell face first into an inch of water in the bathroom.  So, I had to bring an entire wardrobe change.  Then he got so mad on the playground that he punched a girl who was making fun of him.  Needless to say we needed a "do over".  After we talked about how baptism helps us start over, he was so happy. 

He said he felt alone at night and I reminded him that he was surrounded by things given him by people who love him.  Above him was hanging the lion painting by his uncle Jonathan, He had a pillow from me.  He had his baby blanket made by my friend Amy D., he had his puppy given to him by Christopher and he was in Harry Potter pajamas that grandma R. had given him.  He said then he felt surrounded by love.  Thanks to everyone who, even from a distance, loves Jacob.

Tara's friend Caroline spent the night. They were being silly.


Jacob's friend Brother Leal

Sister Tuca Leal made him that great big chocolate cake behind him.  And another one for his birthday.  She always makes him smile. 

5 comments:

Lori said...

Oh my goodness, that is the sweetest story ever about how he's surrounded by things from people who love him. I'm going to have to use that.

DOLLCASA said...

I can't believe Jacob is old enough to be baptized. How time flies. I am so happy for Jacob and you and your family.

Marisa Hart said...

Congratualtions Jacob! We love you!

Laura said...

oh i am sorry i missed it. Jacob is so sweet. and adorable too. Congratulations to him!!!

Richard Borden said...

I am sure that this was a very special day for Jacob. I wish that I could have been there to share this special day with him.