Sunday, December 12, 2010

braces update

This week was the braces check up. Emily chose red and green.

Tara chose pink and purple.  She had more brackets put on  (as new teeth are finally growing in)


and Jacob  went with red and green.  He no longer needs the bands.  He may get them off
in 6 weeks if they don't move.

Gene and I finally went on a date night and saw Harry Potter.  We have almost all of our Christmas decorations up.  Emily has done most of the holiday decorating herself.  Jacob has made up 3 separate lists for Santa.  Since there are no more Harry Potter lego castles available in the WORLD, this might be the year Jacob understands that Santa is more of a feeling than a magician....
Emily  has passed off her multiplication tables...one test for every number.  She took the 50 question test on Friday and only missed 3....oh, so close.  She's almost in the mighty math club.  She's still ahead of the rest of her class.

Gene wouldn't let me take a picture, but he had a 2nd degree burn on his foot from spilling boiling water from the stove.  Layers of skin came off when he took off his sock.  He's taken really good care of it, and got some cream from the drs. that seems to be really helping.  Yesterday was the first day in 2 weeks that he could wear shoes without a bandage.  I felt really bad, I was in his way serving dinner with my back to him while he was trying to stir.  He had just made a fantastic Italian meal, including meatballs.  I had to mention it because, I know I will forget about it someday.  He is amazing how he doesn't complain, ever , even when he's in alot of pain.  Because it was on his foot, I didn't see it often and really forgot it was even there.  I wish I was more like him.

No comments: