Aunt Cherie and Emily
Gene's mother has been sick for awhile. She's been to the hospital a few times over the past month and into a care facility. We thought she was getting better....but, after her last son David came in town to visit on Tuesday (all the other boys have been in town the past month)....she passed away on Wednesday. I'ts been a long week, but such a great reunion of family and friends. top left to right: Gene, Justin, Chris, Adam, David, Brooke,Tina, Kari, Connor, Tara, Maddie
bottom left: Erica (Chris' girlfriend), Tina, Tracy, (Richard's girls) Jacob and Emily (after luncheon at the stake center)
Bob, Justin, Adam, Kari and Cheryl
Darryl, Maddie, Grant, Cherie, Brett (not pictured are Ashley, Bradley and Chase)
David, Tina, Connor and Brooke
The viewing was really nice at the Highland Memorial West funeral home. It was so great to see so many people. The kids lasted the whole time and were really patient.....and LOVED spending time with their cousins. Jacob drew a sweet note of him crying next to grandma's open coffin. He put it in the drawer in the casket. Emily and Tara put in a ring. They loved all the flowers and were a little sad, but no tears.
They've taken it all really well....I thought at first it was because they didn't understand what was going on. But, as time went on throughout the funeral, I realized it was because they DO understand exactly what happens to a person when they die.....and that grandma truly is in a better place, and no longer in pain. What a great blessing for them at such a young age to not have that unknown....and truly believe what we tell them is true about a loving Heavenly Father.
Late dinner at Fudruckers
Girl cousins: Tara, Brooke, Kari, Maddie and Emily
Playing wii JUST DANCE...the perfect way to put a smile on everyone's face...and boogie
The girls convinced Chris to try it...what a good sport to dance to Britney Spears.
For family home evening on Monday Gene played "Amazing Grace" and "Scotland the Brave" for his mom
Gene and Emily (fhe)
Tara with her big brother ChristopherBrooke and Connor
Jacob giving uncle David a hug
After the viewing, we all changed clothes and went to dinner at Fudruckers (I think they were about to close the place, but kept it open for us to all eat). The next morning we met at 10, funeral at 11am then drove to the gravesite for the dedication of the grave at 1. Then a luncheon was provided by our wards. It was a fabulous meal and so kind of all those sisters who donated time and food. It was a group of 35+ of us all together. I appreciate the fact that I didn't have to feed everyone myself. Everyone joined us at our house about 4pm and stayed playing wii "just dance" (which is a super fun dance game) and wii "wipeout", and "oh heck" card game.....until.......about midnight. It was so much fun. We attended sacrament meeting on Sunday and then everyone was over again until about 7pm. Surrounded by family was the best way to spend the last few days.
3 comments:
Loved all of your photos and details of the weekend. I really regret missing the services.
I really enjoyed your pictures and your kids look even more grown up (even though I just saw them.) Thanks for posting your experience :)
Sounds like a good way to celebrate a loved one's life. Your family is beautiful.
Post a Comment