We found a new motivation for finishing the race.....an icee at the end.
Jacob set up this shot and came running in and said, "Mom, take a picture for your blog so people know sometimes I'm happy."
Jacob found his (grandpa's) bow tie and wanted to show you.
You can see we decorated for fall.
The girls had a fantastic run on Tuesday. I, however, had a fantastic cold hit and I barely made it home from the park....dizzy, chills, headache and sneezing. Not sure where it came from, but it lasted the week and I had to cancel so many plans for helping in the library and Jacob's class, I didn't get all my paperwork done for Reflections, forgot completely to pay the bills and missed book club....ugh! I had really forgotten what it was like to be really sick. It's been so long. We truly are blessed with good health and I often forget to realize that it is a blessing.
We have had beautiful weather and the kids have been outside every day on the swing, rolling in the grass, blowing bubbles ( I thought they'd be to old to enjoy that still...guess it helps when the cat chases the bubbles) and running!
Emily was so funny after the cross country meet this week she said, "it's like it's a war...a war with me and running....and right now the running is winning....but one day I am going to conquer!"
2 comments:
I'd run for an icee! ;) Loved Jacobs "happy" picture!
The Jacob photo and the story behind it crack me up!
Post a Comment