Sunday, October 11, 2009

October


We have really been busy this past week. The teachers in my class have been ill , but the kids have notall 11 were there....so, 2 days I took over (stayed the whole day and taught the class) It about wore me out. Between that, and getting PTA work done and planning Tara's teacher's birthday surprise and all three fall parties, I had ZERO afternoons to myself. Good thing "fall break"is coming up this week. I actually have my first inservice tomorrow. I got my tetnus shot on Saturday and my flu shot on Monday, so, I walked around with 2 sore arms for a couple of days.
Gene's well into his bagpipe lessons. He's coming along very nicely. The band needs drummers. I thought when the kids are just a bit older, we could all be a part of the band together.
I was called as gospel doctrine teacher and taught for the first time today. I think it went pretty well....it's hard to say. It was definately not as scary as I thought it would be. It was nice to talk about prophets the week after conference.
We cleaned out the girl's room completely last Saturday and rearranged their beds (thanks Richard for stopping by just in time to help). We realized most of their winter clothes don't fit from last year. I just happened to see a consignment sale and got about 15 items for less than $30. Yahoo! I now follow the girls around with hangers and encouragement to hang up whatever they are taking off. And no more toys in the room.
We had Gene's brother David and his family come and visit.
We got a new washer...to replace the transmission it would cost $300....so, we opted for a new one for just $100 more than the repair.
All of the kids, and both of us are healthy. Knock, knock.....I know the illness surrounds us, but for now we are good.

1 comment:

Lori said...

So busy, so busy! Glad to hear you guys are managing to keep well these days at least.