This week was fun. At the last minute I was asked to host the recipe club this week entitled "death by chocolate". It was alot of fun. As you can see in the picture, it was alot of chocolate. I will get recipes to anyone who wants them.
I also learned how to make beaded bracelets. The girls and I have decided this is our new favorite hobby. I'll get a photo up soon.
I substituted the pre-k class again. I only did because my friend Shannon is the new assistant (she was PTA pres. with me last year)...it was fun with her...and a little more relaxed since only 11 kids were there.
Tara was invited to a behavior party...she had perfect behavior for the past 9 weeks. They got icecream sundaes and extended recess. The extended recess consisted of walking to the other park about 1/2 mile away. Good thinking teachers!
Gene took a couple of days off and we went to find apple, cherry and peach trees. We also purchased all the necessities of starting our garden. Such as seeds, fertilizer and some small plants. We toned it down this year..only 4 tomato plants...we always plant too much. Wouldn't it be great to grow chocolate?
As you can see from the pictures this year finally everybody helped. When it got too hot, Jacob and Emily went inside and they actually made lunch for all of us.
Jacob had another baseball practice and is learning quickly. His team is the "Angels" and they get to go on the field at a Smokies game on Saturday for fun. Maybe that will be the best way to teach him the game.
Emily had a bit of an upset stomach this morning so we only went to the first hour of church and Gene spoke in the Pelissippi ward today.
I get to sub Emily's class tomorrow. Mrs. Shannon is in Florida visiting her new grand baby. Yeah me! Emily wrote a note on the fridge. "Mom comes with me to school tomorrow, ok?" It's a good thing she reminded me...she knows I forget alot of things lately. I left our shoes muddy from the garden outside and it rained all day on them.....then I forgot my scriptures for church. Tara said very lovingly this morning. "Mom, you should really use a check list." Yes, I should.
2 comments:
I would LOVE those recipes!! Bob got our strawberries and raspberries planted this week. We will get the rest in the weeks to come.
Kris
Mmmmm, chocolate!
Your garden looks so huge and wonderful by the way, ours is ready and waiting, we'll probably paint in the next week or two (we've been growing sprouts indoors).
Post a Comment