Yesterday was Tara's 9th birthday. We are so happy she is growing up so healthy and making good choices and is generally a happy girl. We can't believe it's been a year since her baptism. Time does fly. For her birthday she wanted to take her friends to see "Hotel for Dogs". So, we all met at the Pinnacle 18 Theater, only to find a firetruck out front. There had been a gas leak and a "small fire". So we quickly found out the next show time at another location. We took all the kids back to our house to "play" for a little over an hour. They had a great time. We then went to the Winnsong theater at 4 and we found out that all the shows until 7 were sold out. So, we ended up seeing "Bolt" in 3D....and the guy at the counter saw my distress with 6 kids and no movie that we wanted to see and gave us all the senior citizen discount. How nice. We got 2 large popcorns and I refilled one twice. So, they had 4 large popcorns between all of them. Instead of a birthday cake at the theater, Tara gave huge Hershey bars to all her friends for coming. It really turned out alright. Her favorite gift from us was the chocolate poptarts...something she asks for everytime she goes to the store and I ALWAYS say NO! She was thrilled. I will try to add pictures here some time today so you can see the fun. She designed her own birthday cake....unsolicited by me...one night. I thought it would be fun if we could figure a way to make it. So, we tried. You can tell us what you think. This could be a career for her, designing and creating cakes.
I worked 3 days last week. One day in resource (so boring) and 2 in Mrs. Kelly's 4th grade class. It was a good insight for me to see what Tara will be doing next year. I was amazed at the behavior problems of some 10 year olds. To me, that is still young...but some of these kids are really a handful. The second day was much better than the first. Mostly because of the cold. (our low was 8), it was an excused absence if parents thought their kids couldn't get to school safely. So, the 4 kids that were trouble the day before stayed home. I am really enjoying the school atmosphere and like being with the kids.
Emily started Dance class....she's taking a Modern dance class. She's been begging for so long. We finally found a dance studio that was close that I felt comfortable with. She only has a couple girls in the class so she gets alot of one-on-one instruction. She goes Monday and Thurs. right after school.
Both Emily and Tara started piano last week with their grandma Borden. They both are doing great and Tara has remembered alot since her "hiatus" last year. Now we have to schedule "piano time" each day. The girls are excited, I think I'm the one that is going a little batty hearing "jolly old saint nicholas" 10 times a day!
Tara had a dentist appointment and has to have one of her "baby teeth" romoved because the permanent one is coming in sideways and it's not loose at all. She will have that removed next Monday.
Jacob is doing fine. He's found a happy place in his class. He had a talk with his teacher this week and promised not to "race" anymore. When I aske what that was about. I said "you shouldn't be running". He said "no, not running. I race to be first in line, race to get my lunch box first, race to turn in my seat work....and i can't do that anymore." He look defeated. We've been dealing with that for a long time. I thought that was a "first-born" issue.
Today is our first "real" snow. It's not sticking yet, but it's supposed to snow all day. So, I sent the kids out to play.
No comments:
Post a Comment