Monday, March 10, 2008

Gene's Birthday and the circus

To celebrate Gene's last year in his 40s....we went to the circus. We had a great time. The kids were in the edge of their seats the whole time. Jacob's favorite part of the circus were the clowns. Emily loved the lions and Tara said she loved "everything". We had cotton candy and popcorn (and gummie bears I snuck in my purse). I couldn't believe a snow cone was $10. Outrageous! Gene had no meetings, no where to go. We just stayed at home together...it was the first time in a long time to do that. He said he didn't want a birthday cake, so we made a cherry pie.
The Stk. pres. finally came over and got the corn meal corn that we had under the house since the fall harvest. He ground the corn and gave us half. It made alot of cornmeal. Guess I'd better learn how to use that kind of flour.
Emily is ready for her kindergarten program tomorrow. She has a speaking part. She's so excited.....well, we were a little less excited this morning with one hour less sleep. We'll show pictures tomorrow.

No comments: