It was a quiet week compared to last week. We played outdoors alot since it was about 78, low humidity and no rain. We bought a small blow-up pool and the kids played in that thing all day Thurs. We saw a dulcimer and strings group at library story time and "Jimmy Neutron boy genius" at the movie theater for free movie day. We dumped out the toy room and cleaned the whole thing out top to bottom. Of course it doesn't last long, but I loved how clean it was for that moment. We had a water-gun battle last night with Daddy while he was grilling hamburgers for dinner. I think I was the loser (since I was the instigator), so many little traitors in the family. I got two buckets of water dumped on me from Emily, of all people. She was supposed to be on my team. We bought Gene a porch swing to enjoy the cool evenings outside only to realize we are missing a part so, we have no shade and the kids won't get off it. We surprised Gene this morning with crepes for breakfast as a father's day special thing. Emily finished her whole math workbook. She is very excited about numbers 1-12. Tara has been writing/drawing in her journal daily. She's been trying really hard to be neat/legible as well as creative with her drawings of the car being fixed, our little pool and her friends on the swings. Jake is doing great. Happy and is being a loving brother and good listener this week. He has had significantly less time-outs this week.
Gene's interview was good. We are still just waiting. Good to talk to ya dad. Hope it was a good father's day for all you dads out there we know. We celebrate anniversary #9 this week. And I'm off to Nashville for Time Out forWomen this fri. and sat. My first time away from the kids ever! Time out for Mom has never looked so good. Happy week to you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment