Monday, June 12, 2006

June 12, 2006

We are knee-deep in summer. This past week flew by. The kids are doing really great. We have a little bit of time for "school work" (Tara writes sentences, Emily practices letters and Jake colors at the table) and the rest of the time we are playing. Two saturdays ago we had our primary water activity, slip-in-slide and waterballoon fun. We made canvas totes , ok, just decorated them, for book of mormon carriers(since we are encouraging kids to bring their scriptures each sunday). Emily went to a birthday party, Jake came along and there was no stopping him on the slip-in-slide or the trampoline (which scares me to death). Emily pushed him right off the edge.
Emily has been spending alot of time in the bathroom lately and now has to be monitored with her new fascination of how much toilet paper will fill the toilet and absorb all the water. I noticed the toilet at church overflowed after our girls went to the bathroom by themselves, and Gene had to "snake out " our front bathroom toilet Thurs. Not funny miss Emily!
Monday and Tues. we had kids over to finish their totes (it takes 24 hours to dry). We took the van in to be inspected because I was trying to get a trip in to Iowa before the Harts left out west....but that will be postponed, we were trying to squeeze too much in. Anyway, $500 later we have our van back. The rear brakes were not working and we were leaking coolant. ( I noticed that is what killed a 3ft. spot on our grass where I parked the other day...ooops!)
Weds. Our theaters here are offering free movies too....and we saw Madagascar. Tara began a paint by numbers and really likes it. Emily used the fabric paints on cardboard and we experimented with mixing colors. She was amazed and thrilled at all you could do with color.
Jake's been spinning around lately and comes running over to me and says "Mom I'm busy" I am always busy doing something and didn't realize he was trying to say he was 'dizzy'. I realized that once he fell down.
Thursday we had a meeting at the church for primary, and Emily and Tara were running on the sidewalk before I even got out of the car, and Emily biffed it....two bloody knees have slowed her down a little and gained alot of sympathy and boy, does she milk it! We picked up Shelby to play after her first day of summer school (she and Tara both don't understand why they are not attending together) and we went to the library to see a ventriliquist. He was quite entertaining. We went with Gene that night to clean the church, black boards and windows.
Friday we had a power outage at 9 am...at 10, it still was not back on, after reporting the outage and hearing from a neighbor the transformer blew, we headed out to Carl Cowan park, a waterpark with sprinklers and hung out there for a while. We came home at 12:30 and the power was still not back on. We pouted for a minute, then it came on, thankfully, the house was starting to get hot. Then our new RS pres. called and asked if her 4 yr. old Sage could come over to play...so, he did until about 4. I prepared Sharing time and Emily gave a talk on Sunday. We made it through our meetings, hometeacher, etc. We ran to the park this morning to enjoy our 72 degree weather as I know it will change very soon. We plan on another indoor free movie tomorrow. Gene has a job interview at lunch tomorrow with a local company "Idleair". So send us your good wishes! Glad to hear from all of you.
Nina

No comments: