Monday, February 27, 2006
February 27, 2006
Well, we are happy but haven't been too healthy. We finally took Jake to the Dr. and he has an ear and a sinus infection. Tara went Friday and has a sinus infection too. (If they would just learn to clear their throats and blow their noses....we wouldn't have this trouble). Emily is the only one who has been well. But, she said on her way to preschool Thurs. "Mom, I can't go to school, because my friends will be sick of me." Meaning she would make them sick....so funny. Ironically the kids' well visits were scheduled for Fri. but they all went in anyway. Everyone is growing like crazy...but is doing well. Saturday was Emily's party. She had 8 out of the 9 show up that were invited. She was bouncing off the walls. The kids were really good. None of the Moms stayed, so Tara was my great helper. We played pin the fin on Nemo...We tried a race with Dori and Nemo thru the jelly fish (it was supposed to be overhead, under leg race). But, they were all very confused. So, we did the chicken dance, limbo and hokey pokey. The funny thing was, we got Nemo jelly candies to go on Emily's cake. So, I was intending on making a blue sea cake. I dyed the batter blue and baked the cake while Emily was at preschool Friday. When she came home she was ready to help decorate it...but insisted on having a pink cake with purple sprinkles. So, it turned out to be a very colorful, interesting cake. The kids did not mind, they ate it anyway. I had a sore throat Sat. evening and it is still really painful to swallow. Looks like it's my turn now. I hope all of you are feeling well and are happy today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looks like a fun party! I hope you feel better really soon! Its so not fun to be sick. Love ya!
Post a Comment