Sunday, October 20, 2013

European trip

Since we weren't able to accompany Gene on his business trip to London , Oxford, and Nurenberg, we sent along a pocket version of us so we could be seen in Europe.  He got some funny looks from people watching him include us.......  Here we are in front of Buckingham Palace

Here we are at West Minster Abbey

Big Ben

The London Eye...

St. Paul's Cathedral

The tower of London....

London Bridges (very stable, not falling down)

Sir Frances Drake's ship the "Hind"

A REAL telephone booth! (Luckily this one didn't enter into the Ministry of Magic!)

and......
Trafalgar Square


The Admiralty Arch (the road goes right through it)
 

and a palace guard with a very serious looking weapon.
 
It was a very long trip, we were very glad to get him home safely.  He was really tired, I talked the whole drive home from the airport- I said "I'll give you a day to digest what I said"....he said, "I'm not really sure I heard anything."......It's too hard staying awake for 24 hours.  Skype is a great invention and kept us in contact a bit. 

2 comments:

Lori said...

Love it! The photos are brilliant!

ihartbooks2 said...

You guys are so funny!