The cub scouts were earning their world conservation patch. This is the only photo I got, after the work was done and it was popsicle eating time. Jacob came home a few days later and had both arms elbows to fingertips in huge, itchy red welts. I thought for sure it was poison ivy. I poured some essential oils on it, gave him some anti-itch cream and was really planning on a long few days of misery. I texted Gene (in Chicago)....and an hour later, they were gone. I consider this to be a huge blessing....there was a little redness but the swelling was gone and so was his complaining. I am so thankful for what seem to some as small miracles.
Tara decided to have a summer "do"...by getting some blonde highlights. Here is a shot yesterday right before going to the pool.
It's growing out nicely....and now she and Emily match just a little bit better.
We got a pineapple and Jacob immediately thought of Matt on Studio C-byutv. We sent this video to Matt ...so funny! He says "this fruit was not meant to touch human skin." a line from one of their comedy skits.
We went to Ijams Nature Center. If you ask the kids they had a great time. If you ask me, it was a little too much nature for me for one day. 3 spiders crawling on me, 2 box turtles on the path(they were actually cute) and a coiled up baby copperhead I almost stepped on.
Emily had to go back to the orthodontist because her retainer wouldn't stay in because she's lost so many teeth. She is watching a friends dog for a few days while they are out of town.
Gene was in Chicago last week, stopped over in Wash DC for his brother Bennett's wedding. He's off to Youth Conference tomorrow for thurs-sat. They are camping out this year....and dressing like Book of Mormon time people....can't wait to see pictures from that!








2 comments:
Looks like your summer is off to a great start! Tara looks so much older!
Awesome pics!!:) looks like you kicked off summer in a fun way! Lots of love!
Post a Comment