Friday, March 01, 2013

Blue and Gold

 A gal in our ward took wonderful pictures of the Blue and Gold Banquet for the scouts this week.  I was so thankful because I forgot to bring my camera.  It was a medival theme.  The scouts loved it!
Here was a game where the boys shot nerf cross bows at a picture of a dragon.  When they hit it, they ran to save the "princess" and galloped on their white sock horse (that they made themselves) .  Look at this intent look on his face.  18.6 seconds....it was a great score at the time...but, another boy won with 11 seconds!

All the boys lined up to participate

The sibilings were able to play a game too....the javelin throw (pool noodle).  Look at that form!  Emily ended up winning this one.  Crowns donated by Burger King were a requirement to play the games. 

Bordens lined up to cheer for Dad in the joust.....a hug from buddy Josh. 


The moms had to sword fight.  I can't tell you how happy I was to play this one!

Jacob's self designed and created family crest.


It was really fun and everyone got involved in the games.  You can see Tara on the back table holding a baby...she supported her brother by coming to the dinner and eating lots of chicken and cupcakes. 

2 comments:

Bob and Kristina Hart Family said...

Thats a pretty intense face on that gallop!! And Nina- I wasnt aware you had such amazing sword fighting skills. If i ever get in trouble Im calling you and Jake to come save me.

Lori said...

Such a fun night! I love that shot of Josh hugging Jake. :)