We weathered the storm. I didn't get any pictures of our water addition....it wasn't something I wanted to remember. We cleaned up as best we could and now we are in the queue for a professional clean early next week. Obviously there is a long waiting list. We are super glad though that we all made it through that storm that was really awful for some people around us. We even had no damage to our cars (which is amazing with the size hail that we had).....Some friends at work had cars that looked like someone took a hammer to them. We must have had a little protective umbrella over our cars. It seems the preventative work we had done to the back of our house wasn't enough so, we had a couple inches of water leak in our front room. We had a long night mopping up/soaking up and ringing out towels (since it was close to midnight when we discovered it) and then went out and bought a wet/dry vac.
Anyway, we are happy to be together and alive. The kids were amazed to see what happened around us and to friends...and were so glad to know their prayers (in what was a desperate time of need -because of the noise and fearful storm it was) were answered.
Yesterday Gene mowed the grass, tried to put the gravel driveway back together, trimmed the bushes and the kids just could not stay inside because it was such a beautiful day. I took some pictures after we ate dinner on the deck. This is one of the few times a year it's possible when there aren't too many bugs to get into the food. They had fun with the trimmings....
I had to include this picture too...because someone (we guess another neighbor) took a turn (since Gene usually does it) and mowed our neighbor's grass ...or should I say waist high prairie land. Two miracles in one week!
On another note, Gene's grandmother, Edith Zavasky, passed away this last week. She was living in N.C. near Bob and his family in a facility. And, Justin is now in the MTC getting ready to go to Angola (correction from last time, I thought Mozambique) Africa-Portugese speaking.
We hope everyone has had safe journeys in their new cars (from last weeks accidents -James, and GrandmaC!) We are so glad no one was hurt badly.
1 comment:
We are so glad you are safe from the storm. I am sure the water damage is a pain though!
Post a Comment