Jacob's school bus
Emily's been practicing for the "baptism song" for Alayna
Tara was reccomended to be a "safety" this year. She is doing a great job of getting all 4 of us out the door at 5 minutes to 7am so that she is ON TIME everyday. She's stays after school until 3:10 too. She told me on Thursday ,"being a safety is really important to me." She's doing great AND keeping up with her school work so far.
The girls started cross country. After a long conversation and a promise not to quit no matter how hard it gets....Emily and Tara both joined. This means running alot after school for an hour on Mon. and Thurs. and then meets on Tues. nights.
The first day Tara said, " I thought I was going to die"....oh, I said, "Like you were going to throw up? or your sides and legs hurt?" NO! she proclaimed. "I really thought I was going to die!" Emily took a drink, walked around a bit, stood in front of the fan at home and then got in the shower. After all that trying to cool down...an hour later she said ...."LOOK, my poor red face is still glowing...it won't stop." It definately will be an adjustment but, after the second practice they both said it was easier ...and a "little" fun.
Jacob and Daddy spent Saturday morning at Lowe's building this school bus with a chalkboard top....he loves building!
2 comments:
Congrats Tara! We cant wait to see you guys! We hope we can go play tennis or all go on the track on Saturday morning. What do you think??
I love so many things about this post. (Emma starts saftey patrol tomorrow, we're not excited to get up extra early. :)) My favorite line is probably, "my poor red face is still glowing"
Post a Comment