Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Baptism day

White tulips from Dad for her special day.
Caris, Skylar, Tara, Brooke.....Maddie, Audrey, Emily, Emma V. and Emma C.




Yes, he's grumpy in Tara's baptism photo too.

Emily and Gene


French braids and curls.
Emily wanted to be baptized as soon as she could after she turned 8. "it's too hard to wait" she said. So, last Saturday Jacob and Gene went at 11am and filled up the font...turning the water on and off to make sure it was warm enough. She did indicate it was "just fine" as opposed to others recently in that same font that said it was "too cold". Thank you to everyone who sent cards and gifts and attended. It was a really special day and she was happy. I got a little fussy over her hair and she very matter-of-factly turned to me and said, "Mom, it doesn't matter if my hair is crooked, it only matters if I have a good baptism." The activity day girls (ages 8-11) sang a song "I feel my Savior's love". We had some treats afterwards and it was overall a great day. She is such a sweet girl who loves to give. She can never give or get too many hugs. We love Emily.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Happy birthday Emily and what a wonderful, sweet baptism it was! Love her gentile chastisement--"it only matters if I have a good baptism." :^)

Bob and Kristina Hart Family said...

Congratulations Emily on your baptism! You look so beautiful and I am so happy for you!

Julie said...

Your kids are growing up WAY too fast. I remember they were only 6, 4, and 3 when my family and I moved to Knoxville! Tell them to slow down!
-Jessica

Heidi said...

I am just getting around to reading everyone's blog, and see we missed her baptism! Congrats Emily, what an exciting event. Everyone looked wonderful (with and without smiles!)