Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Grandpa Cunningham



My grandfather passed away this month. We will truly miss him.

I missed the funeral by one day but came out early for Christmas. It was good to see everyone that lives out west. His passing brought alot of us together. He had a full life. He was an Air Force pilot.

My mom was the his daughter, the oldest of 8 kids.

Because we moved around alot, I didn't see him often but,
I have fond memories of getting in the back of his "dump truck" with my other cousins and hanging on for dear life to see who could hang in there the longest before being dumped out.
He let us pick peas and carrots from his garden to go to our clubhouse (a large dog house) to make soup. We played in his irrigation ditch as he flooded it with water. I remember him having strong opinions about things....arguing with the tv alot. Makes me laugh even now.

I'll be ever grateful to him for joining the church and being our family's pioneer and for raising and loving my mother and for being a religious and patriotic man.

1 comment:

Lori said...

What a sweet post. :)