This week in Young Women's we talked about the temple and made these gold foil ink drawings of the temple.
I had forgotten how fragile that gold leaf is.....if you sneeze, your picture is toast.Kris, I know you will remember making these. I'm surprised, but yes, they do still carry the supplies at the hobby store. (AC Moore-here). The young girls were happy to make theirs and did a good job...even though I didn't get a photo of them.
But, Emily and Tara were so excited, you would not believe how they bugged me every day..."Please mom, can we make one now?" We finally had a free minute on Saturday and they did all the inking themselves. They each needed a bit of help on the gluing and foiling. But, I think they turned out great. I am happy most of all to see them be excited about the temple.
1 comment:
Thats so cool. Brings back memories.
Post a Comment