We partied sufficiently this past week with playdates and video games and movies and more playing. It's a good thing because our summer is officially over.
We bought a few new school clothes, turned in our school supplies Thursday night at the school openhouse. We met our new teachers and everyone seems really happy and excited about the new year.
Tara's class has a whopping 27 students in the class. (Last year she had 21).
Emily gets to choose where she sits the first day and is very happy about that fact.
Jacob is one of 6 boys in his class....with 14 girls!!!!
Jacob was pleased to see a huge box of legos in the play area. He asked to get a haircut today so he would look his best for the first day of school.
Now the big surprise....I was told they wouldn't need substitutes for the first 3 weeks of school or so....I was looking forward to a few days of quiet (Play back that video of a Dad skipping through Staples buying new school supplies while "it's the most wonderful time of the year" plays in the background). I was nervous about how eerily quiet it would be.
No more worries. I was called last night to sub for a TA....until they hire a new one....starting the first day of school for at least a week! So, it looks like I will be done with vacation on Monday too.
2 comments:
We go back in 1 week. Good luck this first week of school!
How was your first day? :^) The days off will come...
Post a Comment