I am sitting here recovering from EVLT vein surgery on Monday. I've been on pain medication and am trying to remember all that has happened in December. I was called in to substitute almost every day possible. Gene was gone to Chicago for the first week of December...he actually had to find his scarf and gloves for that trip.
We had a weak snow storm come through....enough to see the white flakes in the sky and all around...but they dissappeared quickly. We had alot of rain and alot of cold, but never on the same day.....so, we've ended up with a cloudy, semi warm Christmas. The kids would really like to see snow...but, I was really glad today I could send them outside in the lovely 69 degrees and say "stay outside til I call you in." The kids all had great Christmas parties. Tara's whole third grade had a "polar express" party....they dressed in their pajamas...danced to "hot, hot, hot chocolate" and drank hot chocolate, made ornaments and had the real train conductor from the Tennessee Rambler come and punch their golden tickets to get in to see the movie "the Polar Express". Emily's class made reindeer from their hands and feet...traced their hands as the antlers. They made snowmen from powdered sugar donuts (mini)and donut holes as the heads...twizzlers as a scarf and mini choc. chips as eyes and buttons. Jacob's class party was put on by their 5th grade reading buddies. There's a photo here of Jacob with his 'buddy' Jared. They went
'ice-skating' with saran wrap paper on their feet...and had lots of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment